You watn to rent a converted vehicle? But you’re having a hard time distinguishing a converted van and a converted truck? How to choose between a van, truck or motor home? What model of vehicle to choose to go on weekends, a week, with family, couple or friends?
We know that it is difficult to find your way around, and we hope to be able to guide you in your choice! In this article, discover the characteristics of a converted van, a converted van and a campervan. To help you, you have been listed the strengths and weaknesses of each vehicle. Driving, comfort, bed, size…
At Blacksheep Van, we’re not going to hide from you that we prefer the converted van… For freedom, comfort and above all the possibility of being as close as possible to the nature! So everyone can find the vehicle of their dreams! Discover a recap of our vehicles and choose the model of your next rental!
Rental of a converted vehicle: presentation of the van, van and motorhome
What is the difference between a convertedvan and a motor home? What is the difference between a convertedvan and a converted truck?
We’re telling you everything! Before you book your vehicle rental for your next adventure, discover their features!
Small and compact converted vehicle. It measures around 5m in length but does not exceed 2m in height. It is therefore considered a Category 1 vehicle (like a normal car).
When you’re told about a converted van, you immediately think about a colorful and vintage T2 combi? Thinking about the feeling of freedom to be able to travel everywhere? Today, the little brothers of Combi T2 offer a real comfort. Both in terms of driving and daily life on board.
A model of a converted vehicle that is larger than a van (around 6 m in length). A converted van is a utility vehicle that has been designed to make it habitable. It therefore has more storage space than a van but it is also more cumbersome. You can usually stand in vans (it is more than 2m high). The main difference between a van and a converted van is that it has a toilet and a shower. It will be more comfortable than a converted van if you are going for a long time or if you are looking for more comfort.
It’s a recreational vehicle. The difference between a camper van and a converted van is that it is built from a utility chassis to which the living cell has been grafted. While for the vans, the utility body was kept by installing the interior. The motorhome is the largest and most imposing vehicle: it is about 7m long. It offers the most comfort. There are toilets and an indoor shower as well as more sleeping.
Renting a converted vehicle: strengths and weaknesses.
Van fitted out
- A converted van is compact. The main difference between a van and a converted van or campervan is that it is considered a “classic” vehicle so category 1 at tolls.
- It is less than 2m high, which is convenient for some car parks or access with a limited height.
- It is discreet, you can park easily and as close to nature as possible.
- On some models, there is a working roof (it would almost feel like sleeping under the stars).
- It drives easily (like a car).
- It uses less fuel than a converted van or a campervan.
- Ideal for travelling between 2 and 4 people (depending on the model).
- Low water supply (about 30L depending on the model).
- The capacity of the fridge is limited (about 40L or a cooler depending on the model).
- In winter, without stationary heating, it is difficult to keep the van warm.
- As it is a compact model, storage spaces are therefore limited.
- You have to agree to make and undo the bed every day.
- A converted van does not have a shower or toilet inside. It has a shower (connected to the water tank) to be able to wash quickly with water at room temperature.
- Thanks to its commercial vehicle body, the converted van remains discreet and can blend into the mass on a parking lot.
- Significant water storage (about 110L).
- Larger fridge capacity (often about 70L).
- A converted van usually has a toilet and shower.
- The vehicle has more storage space than a van.
- Driving stays fluid, it’s like driving a pickup truck or a big sedan.
- Ideal for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children)
- Insulation: It is difficult to travel in winter without stationary heating.
- It is more demanding in fuel consumption than a converted van.
- It is less all-round than a van, because it exceeds 2m. It is a slightly larger vehicle than a conventional car.
- A real recreational vehicle.
- The most comfortable of the vehicles fitted out that is created and arranged for maximum comfort.
- A very large living space and plenty of storage space.
- A large water storage capacity.
- Shower and toilet.
- No more seating and sleeping.
- Good insulation.
- The fridge has a higher capacity than the other two vehicles.
- Consumes a lot of gas.
- Its imposing size: difficult to remain discreet!
- Driving is more difficult because the vehicle is quite large (especially in corners or narrow streets).
- A motorhome does not park everywhere, it is often necessary to find dedicated sites.
Renting a converted vehicle, which model to choose?
At Blacksheep Van, we have a preference for vans and vans… They allow more flexibility and freedom to go on a road trip! Therefore, there are no motorhomes for hire.
But which van to choose? Which converted van to choose? Check out our little guide to guide you in your choice!
|Model||Campervan Explorer||California Comfort||Campervan Mini||California Beach||Campervan Classic||Marco Polo||VW T2 Combi|
|Vehicle type||Van||Van fitted out||Van fitted out||Van fitted out||Van fitted out||Van fitted out||Van fitted out|
|Box||Manual / Automatic||Manual / Automatic||Manual / Automatic||Manual / Automatic||Manual / Automatic||Automatic||Manual|
|Size||5.98 x 2.97 x 2.04||4.9 x 2.3 x 1.99||4.87 x 1.83 x 1.89||4.9 x 1.9 x 1.99||4.9 x 1.9 x 1.99||5.14 x 1.93 x 1.99||4.54 x 1.76 x 1.95|
|Number of places||4||4||2||5||6||4||4|
|Number of beds||4||4||2||5||2||4||4|
|Kitchen||Integrated||Integrated||Box layout||Box layout||Box layout||Integrated||Integrated|
|Hygiene||Shower and toilet||Handshower||Handshower||Handshower||Handshower||Handshower||Handshower|
We hope that this article has allowed you to clear up some areas of shadow on the different models! And that you know what type of vehicle you want to rent (or even buy)for your next road trip… Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information! You can call us on 33 9 51 38 88 15 or email us at email@example.com. See you on the road very soon!
25 March 2021