Discover here our essentials for a stay in a van ski! Are you planning to go skiing in a van in winter? Don’t hesitate and go for it! For a weekend or a ski holiday, the van is an alternative to traditional accommodation. To accompany you on this adventure, our team launches a series “Go skiing in a van equipped”. We’ve also put together our favourite destinations, our recipe ideas…
This first article summarizes the essentials to take with you during your stay in a van ski. We have prepared two checklists to make sure you don’t forget anything… Be prepared to go on an adventure with warm clothes and ski gear! You had already been offered an article on take-out clothes on the road trip. But you don’t take the same clothes to go to the sea as you do to the mountains. In the mountains, temperatures are dropping and winter activities are rather sporty. It is therefore best to have comfortable clothes that keep warm.
Why go skiing in a converted van?
We found a few reasons to try to convince you:
- Skiing in a designed van gives you the freedom to sleep surrounded by magical landscapes. Let yourself be seduced by the color of the powder…
- Because you’re going to be as close as possible to the ski slopes in the morning. And that’s still very convenient to enjoy the day!
- This is an economical option as you sleep in the van, so no need for accommodation. Another interesting info, camping in winter is cheaper than in the summer season. (We say that, we say nothing… But this may be the right opportunity to test the vanlife.)
- For the more chilly, we have many models equipped with stationary heating. And you’ll feel better with the right clothes (like thermal clothes)… We advise you to read this article to the end!
You no longer have valid excuses for not going skiing in a converted van… Unless you don’t like skiing, but there’s nothing you can do about it!
Now that you’re convinced, discover our essentials for skiing in a converted van!
Our first checklist is a list of essentials to go skiing with all the necessary equipment. Enough to be ready to face all the snowy situations!
Our list of essentials to go skiing in a van:
- Ski/ snowshoe / snow / sled (or rental on site)
- Ski shoes
- ARVA equipment if you are a fan of off piste
- Ski mask
- Shoes after skiing or for hiking
- Backpack (to take your picnic and bottle everywhere)
- Back protection
- Sunscreen / lip balm / moisturizer
- Toilet kit
- First aid kit
- Chain for tires – roof box to store equipment
- What to look after in case of bad weather
- Identity papers
- Sleeping bag (well hot if you’re a little frileux.se)
- A rope to dry ski clothes in the van
- A roof box (optional in most of our agencies) to save storage space
The choice of clothes is important because this is what will keep you warm on the slopes. They will also protect you from snow and humidity. Our second checklist is the list of clothes to take to ski.
Always respecting the three layers of clothing to stay warm in all circumstances:
- The first layer with a technical fabric on contact with the skin(thermal clothing),
- The second to keep warm (polar, down jacket, sweater),
- The third to protect you from the outside (ski jacket).
Our list of clothes for a skiing trip in a van:
- 2/3 Thermal long-sleeved T-shirt/t-shirt
- 2 Leggings / thermal tights
- 1 Down jacket or fleece and 1 hot sweater
- Ski suits/ ski pants – ski jacket
- Hot ski socks (merino or thermal wool)
- 1 Jogging / after-ski pants
- 1 Pyjamas
- 1 outfit for outing /evening
- Gloves / Bonnet / Neck Tower / Scarf
Now you have everything you need for a successful skiing trip in a converted van! We hope that these two lists of essentials will be useful to you when preparing your road trip. Find us in the next article with our favorite ski destinations in a van!
15 February 2021