On est heureux d’accueillir une nouvelle athlète dans la #BlackTeam !
Bienvenue à Julia Chanourdie ! 🧗♀️
Passionate aboutclimbing since she was a child, Julia has been with the French team for 10 years and will represent France for the very first climbing events in the #JO2021! At only 24 years old, Julia has already reached heights (literally)! We can’t wait to see what the future holds, and help him achieve his goals!
#WelcomeToTheTeam Julia ! 🤙
In addition to having an impressive track record in competition:
- Third at the World Cup in trouble in 2017,
- French champion in trouble in 2018,
- 8th at the world championships in 2019… (and many other titles)
Julia is also passionate about cliffs and dazzles with her ability to achieve top-level routes:
- Ascent of its first track 9a (Ground Zero in Italy) in 2017 and thus becomes the 4th French to succeed a path of this level
- Ascent of its second track 9a (Molasse’son) in 2018. She is the third person to have achieved this path and the first woman
- Success of a 9a lane (Super crackinette) in March 2020. Julia then became the first French climber and the fourth woman in the world to have managed a path of this difficulty.
- The latest record is theascent of the Eagle-4 track at Saint-Léger-du-Ventoux, a track rated 9b. Julia is the third woman to pass a track of this listing and reaches the highest level of difficulty achieved by a woman.
(Small info: A 9-lane is the highest level of climbing difficulty)
To follow her next adventures, join her on social networks: Instagram, Facebook!
We look forward to accompanying julia in her next projects in 2021…
Below is a video of Julia’s testing in Eagle-4:
15 February 2021