Looking for a place to sleep?
Blacksheep Van has finally found the right application for all its roadtripeuses and roadtripeurs!
No more impossible plans, nights spent in the carrefour car park, picnics on dubious motorway areas… With park4night, you can park your van in a peaceful place and spend quiet nights … You can now spot places to sleep near your rental or at a certain point and be sure to find THE perfect spot!
Park4Night brings together all lovers of camping car and van travel set up to share the best spots where to spend the night during your roadtrip.
This is the must-download app for any blacksheep campervan holiday enthusiast! It is available on Android and Apple.
You can also download the Blacksheep app for tips on equipment, how your van works and also how to find the place to sleep. Also available on Android and Apple .
A quick point about legislation in France:
- It is not forbidden to sleep in a van built either on public roads or in a parking space… The same rules as for cars apply. You can stay 7 consecutive days in the same place (but that’s not the point of a road trip right?).
- However, signs or signage may be put in place in some cities or places to prohibit parking at night. So please take a good look at the signage. For example, it is forbidden to spend the night in a national park.
- Warning: parking is not camping! You can’t unpack your table and chairs anywhere, on public roads, in the middle of a street…
How does it work?
The app interface is pretty intuitive, it’s easy to find theperfect place to park your van set up for one or more nights with the map or directly with your location.
You can look at the locations around you within a 100km radius, but also launch the interactive map to search for a specific location or that is on your route.
You can see a list of the different locations on offer:
- Free or paid parking area
- Private area
- Home between individuals
- Service area (where you can fill up on water, toilets or shower…)
- Picnic area, rest
- On the farm (where owners of estates such as farms or vineyards offer you to spend the night with little extras as wine tasting…)
- Place in nature
- Parking day and night or only day
- Troubleshooting / Services
On the app you can directly choose and filter on the map if you are looking for a particular type of place thanks to the quick search.
The most interesting point about Park4Night: you can rate and leave a comment on the place you’ve visited. Being a collaborative application, this allows you to have the opinions of other travelers, its / roadtrippers. So you can judge for yourself if the spot found is a nugget.
Find the next perfect spot to spend the night with Park4Night. A place in the wilderness or a little more landscaped? There’s nothing easier than finding highway areas or campsites to shower or go to the toilet! (pssst: check out our article on van hygiene for more tips!)
Convinced? Let yourself be tempted by the adventure and go on a road trip with a van equipped Blacksheep!
10 December 2020